Whatever the project Tom Frowde Architects can provide services from start to finish. From initial consultations and brief, through designs and planning applications, to administration of building contracts and site supervision, right up to handover and walking through the door of your own finished project and after.

Householders & home owners

We recognise that your home is your most valuable asset, and that undertaking any building work or project can be a significant investment. We'll use our extensive experience to help you get the most out of your space and make you home truly amazing.

We have extensive experience in the following types of residential projects:

  • New build and bespoke house design
  • Remodelling and renovations
  • Extensions and conversions
  • Garden rooms

You can see examples on our projects page.

Do I need an architect?

Embarking on a project can be a daunting task and the role an architect plays is not always clear, but even for the smallest of budgets we can help you get the best for your project.

We will start with a free initial consultation, normally at the property, where we can discuss your requirements, budget and feasibility. From the requirements and visiting the site we will be able to raise any obvious design constraints or planning requirements.

Whilst we offer a full service start to finish you can pick and choose which services you need.

Contact us to get started. Visit the RIBA for more information on 'How do I use an architect?'.

Party wall surveys

We have many years experience acting as Party Wall Surveyors. If a project involves alterations to a shared (party) wall or structure, the construction of new walls on the boundary or excavation work close to neighbouring properties then it is likely that a Party Wall Award will be required by law.

We can act on your behalf and guide you through this process, undertake condition surveys, serve the required notices on the affected properties and prepare the Award.

Principal designer (CDM 2015)

If you are a building owner, user or managing agent and you are planning to have building works carried out you will be a 'client' under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 20151. You will therefore have a legal requirement to fulfil certain duties relating to health and safety in connection with the construction project. We can guide you through this process and act as Principal Designer for your project.

Since April 2015 domestic extensions have also come under the remit of the CDM Regulations.

Find more details on Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.

1. Projects lasting less than 30 days or involving less than 500 person days of work are generally exempt

Architectural Services

The services we are able to offer include the following:

  • Consultations
  • Feasibility studies
  • Measured building surveys
  • Concept design
  • Detailed design schemes
  • 3D visualisation
  • Planning applications
  • Permitted development
  • Building regulation applications
  • Principal designer (CDM 2015)
  • Party wall surveys
  • Tender packages
  • Construction drawings
  • Administration of building contracts

Contact us to discuss your requirements and how we can help you.

Call for a free consultation

01202 558166